Camp school of Ranua Wildlife Park
Throughout the year, the camp school of Ranua Wildlife Park offers a pleasant way to get to know the world of plants and animals. The real-like habitats of our animals bring you close to the nature. By watching, listening and doing things yourself, the lessons learned stay in mind for a long time and, at the same time, this deepens the relationship with nature. All you have to do is select the appropriate theme for your class, and we’ll tailor the camp school to meet Your needs.
We can flexibly integrate the services of Wildlife Safaris into the studies that take place at the wildlife park. The camp school programme is a unique and memorable experience for every pupil.
Wildlife park studies, for example:
- ecology from the north point of view
- endangerment of species
- adaptation to the environment
- nutrition and food chains
- getting to know how to attend to the animals
- a bird trip to the nearby nature
- wilderness skills
- sled rides
- visiting a sled dog farm
- visiting the Japan house and getting to know the Japanese culture
Understanding the environment:
- recycling workshops
- sorting waste and practical use
- in the spring and autumn, accommodation at the new camping site
- indoor accommodation in the winter
- the sauna is warm every other day
- eating arrangements provided by RanuaZoo or independent arrangements
Lionel Clauser, the safari responsible person, and Mari Heikkilä, intendent of Ranua Wildlife Park, are responsible for the camp school programme.
Contact us and ask for an offer!